Friday, November 13, 2020

Nonfiction Reading Challenge Roundup for 2020

This year I participated with Shelley at Book'd Out for her 2020 Nonfiction challenge.  Check it out HERE

I started the challenge when I was still writing at Novel Meals but as I have abandoned that site, I will just post my roundup here. 

. NonFiction 


I had signed up for the NonFiction Nibbler category.  Six books was manageable for me this year.

Categories completed are as follows

Memoir

John Glenn: A Memoir

Disaster Event

Left for Dead by Beck Weathers 

Social Science

Educated by Tara Westover

 Related to an Occupation

Sea Fare by Victoria Allman

 History

Woodstock: 50 Years of Peace and Music

 Nature

Birding without Borders by Noah Stryker and Wesley the Owl

There is still time to join in if you'd like! 

 2020 was one helluva year with personal challenges and events, some very sad for me.  On top of that, the political climate in my country changed so much.  It was a depressing time for many of us.  Reading helped, in my case anyway, and I will always be a reader.  I stepped away from blogging for several months, both my food and book blogs, and I think it would be good to return for a while.

Presently I am evaluating the direction I'd like to take my blogs, assuming I revive both.  My original  writing style was journaling.  I guess I am dipping a toe in the waters again.

Wherever you are in the world I hope you are happy, healthy and safe.

Tina 
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Thrilled you are stepping back into the fray Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on finishing you Nonfiction Reader Challenge goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you on both counts, ShelleyRae! I missed my book buddies :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...