Friday, October 9, 2026

A list of books featuring older characters
and Kate Morton and Peter Heller have new books on the horizon!

Hello all.  I've been slacking on visiting and blogging but it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you...just distracted. Honest. 💗

Last week I wrote up a post about my last category in the 2026 Nonfiction Reading Challenge here.  Getting ready to firm up my completion post for that challenge. I've been loving nonfiction this year more than ever. Much thanks to Shelleyrae for hosting and giving us good suggestions for nonfiction. 

New books coming out / I am a subscriber to Kate Morton's newsletter and received the great news she is publishing a new book.  Yea!  It's called Christabel set to come out early next year.  


Also learned Peter Heller has one coming out called The Far Blue, also set to publish early next year.


Books with older characters / Recently I read an article about books featuring older characters and thought I would share that here.  Some I've read, some I plan to read.






Some books featured in this article are:


Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
Theo of Golden by Allen Levi

That had me looking at some other titles with older characters - here are some I've read and some I would like to.

How to Read a Book by Monica 
The Ferryman and his Wife by Frode Grytten

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (I've read it and watched it)
Two Old Women by Velma Wallis - set in the Arctic




 I enjoy armchair travel, particularly to the U.K., so if you are in the mood for a book with an older character in an English setting, here are a few more titles:

All the Lonely People by Mike Gayle
 Sipsworth by Simon Van Booy
The Switch by Beth O'Leary
The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (apparently it's a series)

If anyone has some other suggestions please feel free to share the titles. 

That's all I have.....just wanted a bit of conviviaity with book minded bloggers. 

I leave you with a photo of our recent rabbit visitor who comes straight up to the porch. I love the little white star on the forehead. 



Hope you week is going well and you are enjoying life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

A list of books featuring older characters<br><i><b>and</b> Kate Morton and Peter Heller have new books on the horizon!</i></br>

Hello all.  I've been slacking on visiting and blogging but it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you...just distracted....