Sunday, August 8, 2021

Stolen by Tess Stimson

 

This story has an explosive beginning and a surprise ending.  If you plan to read this book be prepared to ignore everything else as you'll have trouble putting it down.

Alexa Martini faces the worst nightmare of any parent.  Her 3 year old daughter Charlotte is abducted during a wedding celebration in St Petersburg Florida. As you read about Alexa and Lottie you'll find it's hard to like the little girl.  She is so hard to handle, disobedient and quarrelsome. Alexa is a human rights attorney in London and has flown to Florida for her best friend Mark's wedding. Her Italian husband was killed in a bridge collapse years earlier and she is now the sole caregiver of their daughter Lottie. 

The world is watching as news stations report on the abduction and put Alexa in an unflattering light.  Is she a good mother?  Public opinion is strong about "what they would have done" but that's to be expected in this day and age. Alexa has her supporters but she also has those who vilify her character and actions through social media and news outlets.

Days turn to years as Alexa never stops looking for her daughter.  False leads and troubling revelations about family will sway your opinion regarding the kidnapper. Was I surprised? Absolutely!

This is my first book by this author and I will most certainly be looking for more of her work. Great suspense, emotionally moving and fast paced.

Publication date is August 5, 2021 by Avon Books UK.  Genre: Mystery, Thrillers and Women's Fiction.

Thank you to Netgalley for the advanced reader's copy of this book.  I was not compensated for the review, all opinions are mine.

Sharng with Joy's Book Blog for Brtiish Isles Friday.




6 comments:

  1. Oooh, going off to the library site for this now. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, this was so good! I am loong for more of her work,

      Delete
  2. Sounds very good and love that it takes place in St. Pete, my favorite beach town in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love St Pete (we stayed there for about a month when Will was a baby and my dad was actually born there) so I'm intrigued by the setting and I love the premise. I'm going to see if I can get it on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does look interesting! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete

Getting current here on my February books.........

It's been a while since I book blogged...burnt out on the food blogging but books have always pulled me back to the keyboard.  Here are ...