Thursday, April 15, 2021

Practical Houseplant Book

I will be the first to admit I'm not very good with houseplants.  I love books which feature characters who are experts at gardening or those with botanical gardens featured as a main setting. It would be lovely to have my mother's green thumb but it must have skipped my generation, however, I am determined to keep our gifted peace lily alive!

This book seemed to have some answers as it explains how to care for houseplants, over 200 profiles and project tips as well.  You find your plant profile and there is an explanation for care, how much light it needs to receive, the potting soil needed for transplant and more. 

The chapters feature succulents, ferns, carnivorous plants, bulbs, trailing plants and explain which ones can be caustic to handle and how much humidity each needs.  It's a well of info and perfect for those trying to learn about plants as well as a guide for those who are knowledgeable. 

Sharing with Shellyrae at Book'd Out for her Nonfiction  Challenge.

Genre/category: Hobbies


 
The Nonfiction Reader Challenge hosted by Shelleyrae at Book'd Out.  Check out the sign up post and info HERE. The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2021. You can join in anytime!

6 comments:

  1. I sure could use this book lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check this book out. My mom could grow anything and even brought a things back that I'd killed. Her garden was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, same with my Mom! She had a dynamite vegetable garden and our home was bordered with lovely flowers. I’m usually the kiss of death 😩

      Delete
  3. I need to check out this book! I do okay with herbs but Jason is definitely the plant person in our house. He has an amazing green thumb and is great about keeping up with plant care and staying consistent with it which is kind of where it all falls apart for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother is a certified horticulturist but I have a black thumb, my household plants are all plastic!

    ReplyDelete

Getting current here on my February books.........

It's been a while since I book blogged...burnt out on the food blogging but books have always pulled me back to the keyboard.  Here are ...