Friday, November 26, 2021

Castles of Britain and Ireland

This week I am thumbing through a very old book about Castles of Britain and Ireland. I'm doing a bit of armchair traveling and reminising about some of the castles and ruins we have visited on past vacations.


This book by Plantagenet Somerset Fry lists castles in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.  It's extremely detailed with locations, history and many photos.



This one of King John's Castle in Limerick Ireland  is where our family spent some time. I wish I could find the photo of my son on the bridge with the town in the background, a great trip for us all.



It's nice to flip though and find places you have visited and remember good times. I keep this handy where I can grab it when I want to "visit" the British Isles.



Sharing with Joy's Book Blog for British Isles Friday.







2 comments:

  1. This looks like a good one for browsing through and I bet it's neat to if you've visited some of those locations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect book for armchair traveling! I love looking at the castles and wondering what it was like to live in them (I'm leaning towards cold and uncomfortable!).

    ReplyDelete

Getting current here on my February books.........

It's been a while since I book blogged...burnt out on the food blogging but books have always pulled me back to the keyboard.  Here are ...