Monday, February 22, 2021

Cook, Eat, Repeat by Nigella Lawson

 I am a huge fan of Nigella Lawson and love her cookbooks.  Some more than others and I was anxious to get a copy of her latest cookbook.  Thanks to an advanced readers copy I was able to peruse her recipes and memoir style writing in Cook, Eat, Repeat.

This is a photo from the book, not my creation.  Sadly I never get the photogenic shots to do it justice.


Nigella writes about starting this book in one world and finishing in another. We all remember what it was like pre-pandemic and how things were different.  This book was produced with a foot in both worlds.

She speaks aboout self-isolation and wonders when we may dine with friends again, learning from the lockdown and daily ways to find pleasure.  She speaks about lasagna and says don't limit it to "occasions' and we ceratinly do not do that in our home.  Doug and I have it whenever we want, but mostly when the weather deems we need a hearty rib sticking meal.

There are many good recipes in this book and I of course gravitated to the chicken with orzo and lemon. My favorite flavors and ingredients...

For vegetarinan fare there are loads of recipes such as spiced bulger wheat with roasted veggies, Vegan polenta cake, Tuscan bean soup and more.

Publication date is 15 June 2021. 

Genre: Biographies and Memoirs; Cooking, Food and Wine; nonfiction

Much thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  I was not compensated for my review and opinions are mine.

Sharing with Joy's Book blog for British Isles Friday 

4 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that I haven't had lasagna in awhile! We don't save it for special occasions either but I do try and save it for weeks that I know we might want leftovers or that my husband will be on his own because we don't eat enough to really do it justice! Pre-pandemic life seems like a hazy memory. We were in New Orleans this time last year and had just gotten back from Disney World! It just seems unreal. I do love a Nigella book though and will be adding this to my To Buy list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very disappointed by this book - tiny typeface - not enought recipes - and a lot of self indulgent twaddle... I expect better from her. End of rant! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, and I agree about lasagna! Looks like a great cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this is the recipe you mentioned. MAN that looks good.

    I need to try to make lasagna some day. I usually just pop a Stouffers in the oven when I want lasagna.

    ReplyDelete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...