Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Nanny Dearest by Fiona Collins

I'm usually down for a psychological thriller with a good mystery twist but sadly this book seemed to drag for me. I see many 4 star reviews but this wasn't my cuppa tea.

The premise is the young toddler Suzy is left to be reared by her nanny Annaliese.  Suzy's mother dies when she is young and Annaliese is the mother and rock for the little girl.

The story is told from two perspectives. As an adult Suzy runs into Annaliese and connects with her again.  Suzy's father had died recently and she was feeling alone in the world. The former nanny inserts herself into her life, giving Suzy a feeling of love and protection which she was missing. Before long Suzy abandons her friends and other interests, including her job.


The characters didn't connect with me at all and I felt zero empathy. After a while I skimmed and had it not been the obligation of a review in exchange for this complimentary copy, I'd have moved on. Again, lots of folks seemed to like this book but I was not one of them.
 
 Publication date November 30, 2021 by Harlequin. Genre: General Fiction Adult, Mystery and Thrillers.

Thank you to Netgalley for the advanced reader's copy of this book.  I was not compensated for the review, all opinions are mine.



1 comment:

  1. It's sad when you just can't connect to any of the characters. I've felt that was about a few books lately.

    ReplyDelete

Getting current here on my February books.........

It's been a while since I book blogged...burnt out on the food blogging but books have always pulled me back to the keyboard.  Here are ...