Monday, April 11, 2022

Last Girl Ghosted by Lisa Unger

 

This is a nesting doll of mysterious twists.  Just when you think you have a handle on a character a secret is revealed and you see them in a completely new way.

One of the main characters is named Wren Greenwood. She writes a help column for a newpaper and no one, except her room mate and friend Jax Morris, knows her identity. These women are opposites - Wren is reclusive and wary and Jax is a vivacious woman who takes chances.

Jax encourages Wren to try online dating and things go down the rabbit hole from there. Adam is a dorky literary looking type of man and this, to Jax's bewilderment, is who Wren decides to meet up with.

Adam is unconventional and a bit secretive.  Is he a bad guy?  Once you get the bread crumbs of both Adam and Wren's past the story gets very interesting. 

Then enter Bailey Kirk.  He is a private detective who contacts Wren as he is actively searching for Adam.  Apparently Adam's former girlfriend has disappeared.

 Loved the way the back stories were woven in without feeling like you were getting spoonfuls of of hints.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one. I usually enjoy Lisa Unger's books so I think I'd like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, this was pretty good but I haven;t tried any other titles by Unger. Yet.

      Delete
  2. This sounds good, I've never read a book by Unger. I started listening to Confessions on the 7:45 but didn't get very far. Don't remember why I stopped it, probably because I needed to read a review book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I had that same book checked out and tried to start it but, same as you, there was another book due soon and I had a review upcoming so, I turned it back in. I'm going to try that one again.

      Delete
  3. I ended up DNFing this one pretty quickly but maybe I should give it another try. I wasn't really in the mood for this kind of book but had to get it back to the library so I kind of forced myself to read it when I wasn't in a thriller mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I ended up giving back her book Confessions on the 7:45 becuase it was coming up due and I couldn't get into it right away. The Last Girl Ghosted had some twists and secrets.

      Delete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...