Friday, June 24, 2022

The Lies I Tell by Julie Clark

 

This is a book I will probably reread years down the road.  There were many twists and back stories which had me invested in Meg's future.

Have you ever watched a movie where you were in support of the bad guy? Meg isn't necessary all bad and her background makes you sympathetic but seriously, don't cross her!

Meg uses different alias - Meg, Maggie, Melody - depending on her situation.  She moves to different towns, develops an identity and smoothly cons her way into someone's life. 

Kat Roberts finds Meg and is determined to expose her but things are not as she imagined, based on her own interactions with Meg ten years prior. Kat blames Meg for a trauma she experienced which temporarily sidelined her journalism career.

This book would be an excellent choice for a book club.  If you haven't read Julie Clark's previous book The Last Flight I would also recommend that one.

Publication date is June 21, 2022 by Sourcebooks Landmark. Genre: Mystery/Thriller and Women's Fiction.

Thank you to Netgalley for the advanced reader's copy of this book.  I was not compensated for the review, all opinions are mine.




2 comments:

  1. I have had a few of those where the "bad guy" is actually somewhat sympathetic- I love it when an author can pull that off. :)

    This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this sounds interesting. I love that this isn't a murder mystery and that the villian is sympathetic if a con artist.

    ReplyDelete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...