Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Paul McCartney is 80!
{Sharing my experience at a Wings concert and Beatle memorabilia}

 I have always been a fan of the Beatles but am too young to have been to one of their concerts.  My first experience with them was their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. 

Magazines seem to be a thing of the past these days when you can access just about anything online but I had to have these two publications.   


I have been fortunate enough to have seen Paul McCartney and Wings in concert when they were performing in Germany in 1977.  They performed in the Olympic Village in Munich and it was amazing.  It was also my first laser light show. I was 21 years old and completely besotted.

It's been enjoyable to flip through and read about the early start of their musical careers. I learned that Ringo was hospitalized early in childhood and went into a coma, later getting tuberculosis and admitted to a sanatorium for two years. 

Paul was a scholar winning prizes in Latin and English literature but his love of music sent him down a different a path.  There is quite a bit of information in the magazine to make it well worth the price if you are a fan of the Beatles.


Sharing with Joy's Book Blog for British Isles Friday.





4 comments:

  1. I was never a huge fan of the Beatles but I did like some of their songs and reading about them. I saw the Elvis movie with my daughter last week and it was SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fascinating! I've always been a Beatles fan but only of the music and I never really learned much about the actual band members except for the things that everyone knows. How exciting to see Paul MCCartney live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you had that concert experience! I love these commemorative magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Imagine having seen Paul McC live and in person!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...