Sunday, July 14, 2024

The latest issues of BookPage and some interesting interviews

 Yesterday I picked up the latest edition of BookPage and was happy to see a few interviews published by authors I am interested in.


The article on Flynn Berry was great, titled "I'm Used to Being Haunted by Characters".  I enjoyed Northern Spy by Flynn Berry and was pleased her latest book, Trust Her, will follow up on the same characters. Also in this piece it was nice to read about her characters but also how she feels about other books/characters we've both read. 

Flynn mentions she wonders about Rachel in The Rachel Incident, about how they might have been friends and where she is in London.  I wonder about characters like that as well. They seem so real and are so well developed that I hope to see them appear in other books.

Claire Lombardo's latest, Same As It Ever Was, is also featured in this issue.  She has an interview chatting about how her books come together and what she is working on.


Last month's issue here featured a good interview with Claire Messud.


The wrinkled pages are because I jammed it in my purse.  Messud talks about how long it took her to write the story and the inspiration from her family history.
This Strange Eventful History is Messud's sixth novel and draws from her own French Algerian family.


On tap today is getting back to a Mary Beth Keane novel and planning an enchilada dinner.  I hope your Sunday is going well :-)

Sharing with Deb at Readerbuzz for Sunday Salon.

13 comments:

  1. How is it that I do not know about BookPage? How is it that I have not subscribed? I must look into this magazine.

    An enchilada dinner sounds fantastic. It's been a long time since I've made one. Too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, this is a free publication that is available at my local library. I always pick up a copy and it highlights new books in all genres that are coming out. Interviews as well. If you would rather check it out online this is available through Facebook, Twtter and Instagram. I am not on social media so I grab the paper copy :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Tina. Now that you explain about it, I remember seeing it at a local library. I will look for it again on my next visit there!

      Delete
  2. Book Page sounds like something I would be interested in. I'll check at my library.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of Book Page, but it sounds like a great publication. I have to look for it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, Hope you have a greta week as well.

      Delete
  4. I love BookPage... so glad the library provides it free of charge! It always has me adding to my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, same here....my list for new books gets larger reading this little publication. I love the interviews and the one with Flynn Berry had me adding yet two more authors to my to-red list! I have never read Kate Atkinson.

      Delete
  5. Hmm I wonder if I can get BookPage here. It sounds very good and I didn't know about it so thanks for letting me know. I once got Bookmarks magazine, which is pretty good. Have you found a copy of Trust Her yet? I'm on the library wait list for it. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I think it's availble at all the public libraries. Sometimes there are loads of books I find to add to my list and other times not so much. The interviews are great! Oh, I am number one for Trust Her and can't wait!

      Delete
  6. What a fun magazine! I'll have to see if my library carries it. I haven't read Flynn Berry and Claire Messud but both have books on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I think Flynn Berry would be right up your alley!

      Delete

I’ve had use comment approval due to heavy spam. Sorry! But I check in daily. Thank you very much for visiting 😀

Fall reading and list making

First off, a shout out to ShelleyRae at Book'd Out .  I haven't seen you post in a while, you've been in my thoughts and I miss ...