Monday, October 7, 2024

Crocktoberfest!

I'm taking a break from the book talk today to share some slow cooker recipes.

Jinjer told me about CrocktoberFest!  Here are a couple of easy meals. 

👇👇👇


The BBQ shredded chicken couldn't be easier.  Take boneless skinless chicken thighs and place them in your slow cooker.  I have an oval 6 quart slow cooker for this one.

Place it on high for 3 hours. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and place in a bowl for shredding.  Drain all the juice from the crock and place shredded chicken back in.  Cover with BBQ sauce and heat up on low for a bit.  This makes great sandwiches. 

We have had this on buns or straight on to the plate.  Sides are whatever you like. 👇


Links to more slow cooker meals!













This was my last post on the food blog! Some folks just had to tell me they get theirs from Costco but I like doing this one at home.  Less greasy.





Click on the titles which will direct you to my recipes at the old food blog.

I have a good one with beef and noodles coming up called Thieves Stew.  See you later with another Crocktober post and then back to books and life :-)



3 comments:

  1. I have an addiction to crockpots and Instant Pots. I have a variety of sizes and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, we have two slow cookers - a 6 quart and a 3 quart, might be a 4 quart. the small one was a gift to Doug when he turned 18 and moved out of his father's house so...it's 50 years old and still working!

      Delete
  2. I'm grateful that you put these recipes out ... I use the slow cooker often in the winter and these will be perfect. I'm not a cook per se but I follow directions. Lately we've been having quite a bit of soup ... tomato soup and butternut squash soup b/c our garden was producing so many of them. Some day soon we will be sick of both, lol. I will look at more of your recipes on your old site too. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I’ve had use comment approval due to heavy spam. Sorry! But I check in daily. Thank you very much for visiting 😀

<i>Crocktoberfest!</i>

I'm taking a break from the book talk today to share some slow cooker recipes. Jinjer told me about CrocktoberFest!  Here are a couple ...