Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Fall reading and list making

First off, a shout out to ShelleyRae at Book'd Out.  I haven't seen you post in a while, you've been in my thoughts and I miss you. 

Let's talk fall reading.  Or Spring reading if you are in the southern hemisphere :-)

I enjoy making lists as it keeps me focused.  Sometimes I deviate but overall, it's helpful. Here's what I have so far but some could get swapped out depending on interest.


Trust by Herman Diaz (currently reading)

Sipsworth by Simon Van Booy (currently reading) #BriFri

Long Island by Colm Toibin  #BriFri

The Life Impossible by Matt Haig #BriFri

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante  (a buddy read with Susan at The Cue Card)

I Cheerfully Refuse by Leif Enger 

The Woman Behind the Door by Roddy Doyle #BriFri

This is a list in progress so I welcome suggestions and comments on any of these you have enjoyed.  Four of my books will be linked with Joy's British Isles Friday.  Love my U.K. authors :-)

 Sharing with:


📚📚📚📚📚📚

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great list, I hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki. I am lookng forward to Long Island in particular.

      Delete
  2. I will probably make my list once we get back from our trip, so I can look at my shelves. I have Sipsworth waiting for me at home, and can't wait to start it. I've read on other book by Van Booy and liked it, but I think this one sounds more like my cuppa. I also have Long Island, but may re-watch the show to reacquaint myself with the previous story. I might also join you and Susan reading My Brilliant Friend. I tried the audio a few years ago, but couldn't get interested. Maybe the print edition will grab me. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I like Sipsworth so far and will look for more of his work. There's a show about Long Island?! I dodn't know that. I liked the book Brooklyn and we watched the mini series but I wasn't aware of the Long Island show. Cool

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the confusion, Tina. I meant the mini series of Brooklyn. ;)

      Delete
  3. I liked Life Impossible; I thought it was okay. Sipsworth really hit me emotionally. I'm very eager to hear what you think about Trust, as it's a book I have on my shelf, as well as the new Leif Enger book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I liked The Midnight Library very much and I also read How to Stop Time by Haig. Looking forward to his latest. We have some of the same books on our shelves!

      Delete

I’ve had use comment approval due to heavy spam. Sorry! But I check in daily. Thank you very much for visiting 😀

Fall reading and list making

First off, a shout out to ShelleyRae at Book'd Out .  I haven't seen you post in a while, you've been in my thoughts and I miss ...