Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Ballerinas by Rachel Kapelke-Dale

This is a story about friendship, secrets and competition in the ballet world with a touch of murder.  The first chapter starts with Delphine receiving an invitation to return to Paris as she reminisces about her turbulent past.
 

Another novel with the feature on ballet and it's competitive and harsh world.  When you are good at a something and you devote your entire life to it, your world is small.  You eat, breathe and live in the world of practice and performance. A devastating event causes Delphine, Lindsey and Margaux to keep a secret which wuld upend thier lives and careers.

I enjoyed reading about the backstage world of ballet and would probably read more by this author.

Publication date December 7, 2021 by St. Martin's Press.  Genre: Mystery, Thrillers and Women's Fiction.

Thank you to Netgalley for the advanced reader's copy of this book.  I was not compensated for the review, all opinions are mine.

4 comments:

  1. I'd pick this one up based on the cover alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and I love books about the world of ballet. Have you ever seen the movie The Red Shoes? The dancing alone is gorgeous though it's rather tragic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I have not seen The Red Shoes. I do love the dancing in movies but I am wondering if Doug would watch it with me :-)

      Delete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...