Monday, December 20, 2021

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge for 2022
( and a roundup of the 2021 books)

 I will be signing up for the 2022 Historical Fiction Reader Challenge hosted by Marg at Intrepid Reader

Last year I opted for the Medieval level but this year I am going to bump it up to Ancient History for 25 books.  I did come close this year so I'll shoot for more historical fiction next year.

Want to join in?  Check out the signup link HERE at The Intrepid Reader




Here is my roundup for the 2021 Historical Reading Challenge.  


Thank you to Marg for hosting such a fun reading group.  There are lots of good book suggestions in the monthly linkups.

My personal favorites this year were The Rose Code by Kate Quinn, The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline and Under the Golden Sun by Jenny Ashcroft. 


  1. The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
  2. In Times of Rain and War by Camron Wright
  3. The Letter by Ruth Saberton
  4. The Vines by Shelley Nolden
  5. The Kew Garden Girls by Posey Lovell
  6. The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
  7. News of the World by Paulette Jiles
  8. Wunderland by Jennifer Epstein
  9. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  10. The Green Road by Ann Enright
  11. Beyond the Olive Grove by Kate Hewitt
  12. The Enigma Game by Elizabeth Wein
  13. The French Gift by Kirsty Manning
  14. Northern Spy by Flynn Berry
  15. The Storyteller of Casablanca by Fiona Valpy
  16. Under the Golden Sun by Jenny Ashcroft
  17. Her Secret War by Pam Lecky
  18. Little Bird by Wendy James
  19. The Midwife's Secret by Emily Gunnis



7 comments:

  1. I'm not much of an historical fiction fan and hardly ever read them, but maybe if I'd read more I would become a fan. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t quite make my goal ofAncient this year, which surprised me a little but I’ll keep the same goal for 2022

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelleyrae, I’m hoping to read lots more this upcoming year!

      Delete
  3. I doubt I'll join, but I do love historical fiction (especially historical mysteries) and will keep an eye on your suggestions. I loved News of the World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenclair, the historical mysteries are my favorite. Oh yeah, News of the World was so good. I bought more of her books.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for participating in the challenge again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up for this for 2022. I stayed away from challenges for a couple of years, but I decided this was a good year to get them back into my life.

    ReplyDelete

The Road to Dalton by Shannon Bowring and The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher

Two books - one very good and one surprisingly bad. The Road to Dalton This story had me captivated by the poetic and descriptive writing.  ...